Here you will find a list of essays and newspaper articles in English about ordinary disciplinary violence.
- Nov. 22, 2016 in The Globe and Mail: Spanking has no place in Canada, period, an article by André Picard. See also our section Études scientifiques sur les effets de la violence éducative ordinaire where most of the links are in English;
- 13 Feb. 2015 on the UNICEF's blog: A slap: child discipline or child abuse?
- Spanking – Questions and answers about ordinary disciplinary violence - A link to the online English translation by Tom Johnson of the book La Fessée by Olivier Maurel ; NEW (June 2012): link on E-Books Directory;
- A brief history of disciplinary violence by Olivier Maurel ;
- World geography of disciplinary violence by continent and country by Olivier Maurel ;
- A tribute to Alice Miller by Olivier Maurel.
Other important texts:
- In search of the fine line by Jordan Riak ;
- It’s time to toss the trash! by Jordan Riak ;
- Plain talk about spanking by Jordan Riak ;
- The effects of spanking are obvious by Susan Lawrence ;
- When a Parent's "I Love You" Means "Do as I Say" by Alfie Kohn ;
- Are humans innately aggressive? by Alfie Kohn ;
- Legal adult violence by Mike A. Males ;
- How Would You Manage Otherwise? Traveling in Sweden with a Child by M. Brittany Shahmehri ;
- Stop spanking kids by Lindsay Kines.
- On Daniel Mackler's website:
- What constitutes child abuse;
- The Baby’s Manifesto;
- Alice Miller in a Nutshell: A Brief Critique.
More information on the following websites:
- Project NoSpank;
- The Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children;
- "Raise your hand against smacking" - A Council of Europe campaign against corporal punishment of children;
- The Natural Child Project (Jan Hunt);
- Parenting Without Punishing (Norm Lee).
You are welcome to send us any text/documents that deal with ordinary disciplinary violence at email@example.com.